K8trills Studio Information
- Please come prepared to perform your homework assignments, do not sight-read.
- Please bring all music you are working on and any books that are assigned to you.
- You must bring a flute in working condition. Please make any and all necessary repairs if needed.
- Bring a three-ring binder for sheet music and a notebook with room for comments and homework assignments.
- Payments are due by the last lesson of the month, and can be made by bank transfer, cash, check, credit card, or via PayPal. Please make checks out to Kate Prestia-Schaub (not k8trills).
- Payments made after the last lesson of the month will be assessed a $10 late fee on the next month’s invoice.
- Parents will receive an invoice by email near the 1st of each month. Printed invoices are available upon request.
- Effective on the 1st of each September, there will be a rate increase for all private lessons. Click on the “Rates” tab above to see current rates.
Scheduling and Cancellation:
- There is a 40-lesson commitment per year to reserve a weekly time slot in my studio. If you discontinue lessons prior to fulfilling your 40 lessons, you are responsible for financially assuming 1/2 of the fee for the remaining lessons due. The 40 lessons must be completed on or before August 31st each year.
- Military transfers, unexpected moves, and certain medical situations will negate this lesson commitment with no fee, but in these cases the families must try to give a one-month notice.
- I require a 24-hour advance notice of cancellation. Failure to cancel on time will result in full payment, and no make up lesson will be given. I also reserve the right to reschedule at least 24 hours before our lesson.
- If you are sick, please let me know a.s.a.p., but stay home. You will not be charged, and you may reschedule.
- If a student is late, lessons end at the scheduled time.
- As “Open Slots” become available, I will post them on my calendar (available in the Student Only Section of this site), and students can register for those lessons as needed.
- Each August, I will re-arrange my yearly schedule. During the second week of August, each year, please bring 5 choices of lesson days and times so that I may best suit your needs along with the rest of my students.
- If you do not sign up for a weekly lesson, you may assume an “Open Slot”. This does not guarantee you regularly scheduled lessons, or access to participation in some studio activities such as CM. To assume an Open Slot, please log into the student portion of this website.
- In the event that my studio is full, I will be happy to put you on a waiting list, or direct you to one of my student apprentices. Upon their graduation from High School, the apprentice’s students will be invited to assume their lesson slot in my studio.
- If you feel you have to discontinue lessons due to financial hardship, please enquire about scholarships. Scholarships are only available to those who committ to 40 lessons per year, and they must have a minimum of 6 months of lessons prior to submitting a scholarship application.
- Please park on the street (not the driveway).
- Please come in without ringing the doorbell (helps keep the puppy calm-ish). =)
K8trills Teaching Rates:
Lessons are available for both flute and piccolo. The rates listed below above are for 2017-2018.
- $54 for a 45 minute lesson*
- $64 for a one hour lesson*
*Effective on the 1st day of each September, there will be a rate increase for lessons.
- Please contact me regarding high school sectionals, masterclasses and recitals.
- Some corporate sponsorship may be available through Powell Flutes.
- Tuesday – 3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday – 3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- *Friday – 3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
*If your lessons are on Fridays, please be prepared to reschedule occasionally to Monday or Saturday